Surprise surprise – My top kawaii living room aesthetic inspiration comes from Sims 4, Animal Crossing, Minecraft and miniature dollhouses.
Keep scrolling if you want to see more of these cute pixel art rooms in reality!
It is great as an ottoman, chair, or bed. – Perfect for a friend to sleepover! Plus it doesn’t take too much space and it’s very presentable! You can throw a twin mattress topper on it when used for a bed and it is perfect…
==> Easy living room decoration tips: You can dress up any messy, old, not cute living room couch with this!
Worth the $ – This is the softest blanket, you will feel like in heaven. It’s ridiculously soft. Perfect for snuggling up with!!! It’s one of those blankets you touch and instantly fall in love with. The cotton side is really soft. Not made poorly. The craftsmanship on this is awesome. It isn’t cheap, it’s not the kind of matted cotton that will ball up and become uncomfortable. The faux fur side is elegant, extremely soft. This blanket would be a great gift. Best blanket I’ve owned.
Beautiful, comfortable & sturdy! – They can be stacked and used for parties. Perfect with a cute pastel plushie cushion.
Hello Kitty Themed Living Room
Soft Aesthetic Living Room
Interior design with color can be a scary thing. Should you go light or bright? Should you mix or should you match? Should you go all out or be conservative? The soft aesthetic can be an easy start for those with less home staging experience. All you need to do is to make sure everything is in pastel colors.
Japanese Anime Themed Living Room
For the gamers out there, be sure to take a look at some of the most kawaii anime-inspired setups that you could have in your dream anime room.
Who knows? You might feel inspired to recreate one of them.
Multicolor Living Room Walls
There are so many shades, patterns, textures and endless colors to choose from. But the truth is that if you follow your instincts decorating with color isn’t really that scary. And when it comes to colorful living rooms, there’s no shortage of design inspiration. Be creative, one wall does not need to stay with one color.
Beautiful Orange Living Room
A dose of unexpected orange color and pattern can take a traditional living room and give it an exciting new life. No budget? Hey, you can paint a wall or the doodle by yourself!
Cozy Shabby Chic Living Room
Have fun mixing architectural details from different periods, traditional antiques, playful colors and patterns to create a joyful living room with a hint of history.
Eclectic Living Room With Pastel Blue Sofa
The cheapest way to upgrade your existing living room is simply to switch out the pillows and window treatments and create a whole new look.
Glam Colorful Living Room Curtains
A room wrapped in rich, luxe color is like the interior design version of a warm hug on the red carpet. Make sure to mix a really deep, rich color that has a lot of intensity with shiny metallic surfaces for the glam aesthetic.
Boho Colorful Living Room Wall Art & Decoration
Want to liven up a living room without redecorating? Indie kawaii accessories, like these mirrors, candles, and other cute items of odd forms, are the perfect way to change a room’s tone.
Bohemian Colorful Living Room
Color is a powerful decorating tool, and sometimes a little goes a long way. Several pieces of art and a few colorful pillows make the living room with the standard gray sofa feel lively and playful.
Colorful Living Room Furniture
The cute classy chairs, bold artwork, and Persian-style rug all contribute to the warm, comfortable cozy atmosphere.
Kawaii Living Room Chair Set
This is what they mean when they say “eye candy.”
Sometimes the key to creating a cute colorful living room is not to overthink it. This design below showcases a stunning mix of different patterns that don’t go together in any traditional way, yet the final result is very adorable.
Bright Color Living Room
Keep in mind that a bold geometry pattern like those on the kitchen cabinet doors is most effective when it’s limited to only one facade in the room. Any more and the space will start to look cluttered, instead of cute.
Cute Living Room For Gamers
Read THIS BLOG for more kawaii gamer setups tips & pictures.
Kawaii Pastel Living Room Rugs
Update traditional decor with bright and pastel colors.
Color in home decor can be used to elevate one’s mood. Despite it being a pastel blue-themed room, it will be hard to feel ‘blue’ in a living room like this.
Colorful Living Room For Small Apartments
Studios and small apartments can still be colorful, cozy and cute. You just need to plan better and make sure to include some visual focus to help the space look organized. In the design below, a rug is used to hold all the visual elements together.
Minimalist Colorful Living Room Inspo
A neon sign of your statement s a great way to add a sense of fun to a living room.
Colorful Lamps For Living Room
You can at least get a super cute lamp to reflect the personalities of the unique soul living there.
Colorful Farmhouse Living Room
Nothing brightens a space like a splash of color, and it’s a great way to express one’s personality. So don’t be afraid to use it liberally as you see fit, even in a rustic farmhouse or cottage!
Cute Pink Living Room
Pink aesthetic Christmas tree next to your window – It’s a great way to grab neighbors’ attention and create an unforgettable holiday.
Mid Century Colorful Living Room
People tend to default to white, and occasionally black when it comes to trim color. But if you really want to shake things up, consider a totally different color that will play magic with your cute wall color.
What is a cute living room style?
Cute living room style is all about creating a space that gives us good feelings of relaxation, happiness, and lightness. Cute living room decor includes anything of pastel colors, cozy, comforting, and soft aesthetic. It is a good interior design and staging style as it gives a positive homey vibe.
What does a cute living room look like?
A cute living room is designed to look youthful, adorable/cute, and childlike. Designers can make anything cute by taking on human features to make them appear more lifelike. The cute living room usually has a color scheme of the pink color family. You can also complement it with a pastel color palette. Adorable decorations are another big factor for a cute living room staging. Also, a cute living room should not look cluttered, haunted, or messy. Some effort should be given to maintain the interior to keep it clean, bright, and cute as always.
How to decorate a cute kawaii living room?
- Copy viral room ideas from TikTok.
- Use wallpapar of kawaii colors and patterns.
- Set a color theme of soft aesthetic.
- Choose cute kawaii style for your essential living room furniture and home gadgets. (Here you can find a apartment living room checklist to help you.)
- Fill the room with cozy kawaii soft plushies.
- Add pastel color blankets and soft aesthetic throw pillows.
- Add a rug of cute animal face or pattern.
- Add Tiktok neon lighting & signs to living room.
- Dress the wall or the curtain with LED light strings.
- Setup a kawaii anime wall.
- Organize your TV cabinet to be cute and functional.
- Show off your manga & figurines collection.
- Let cute indoor plants, vines and ivy to highlight the ceiling and shelves.
How to choose curtains for a cute living room?
Your living room curtain can change the vibe of the interior completely. Before deciding on the pattern and color, you first need to make the decision on the texture, finishes, length, layers, width, matching drape of the fabric. If you will be playing games, sleeping or watching movies in the living room then you might want to go with a light-blocking curtain with seals.
To get the cute aesthetic for the room, you should choose a light solid color curtain or one with kawaii patterns. You can also have 2 or 3 different fabrics for color combination. Make sure to match the curtain style with cute trims, accessories, and curtain rods.
How to arrange plants in the cute living room?
To make your living room look bigger you can place indoor plants on shelves, window sills, or in corners of your living room. Spreading plants around the perimeter and away from the center of the living room can also make the space appear less messy or crowded. If you like hanging plants from the ceiling then please make sure you hang your plant where tall guests will not bump their heads. You can also place some plants next to your TV/monitor so you can relax your eyes from time to time while watching TV or gaming.
How to decorate a large wall in the living room?
Decorating your living room offers a rare ability to blend all aspects of life. Here are some ideas of how to decorate a large wall.
- Plenty of shelving.
- Photo wall.
- Sandbox of good memories.
- Bold geometric prints & patterns.
- Oversized wall decor.
- Big TV.
- Use chalkboard & magnetic paint to turn the wall to be a kids’ drawboard.
- Vines and other indoor plants.
- Poster wall.
- Worldmap with travel plan or postcards.
- Romantic fairy aesthetic LED lighting strings.
- Prints of life and love motto.
- Couple/family goal boards.
What colors make a cute living room look bigger?
A white base with pastel colors will make your living room look cute and spacious. You can choose one color then use different shades of that color in your living room, or go for two colors or three colors combinations. Common pastel colors for a cute living room include pastel pink, yellow, green, blue, and purple.
What is the best light paint color for living room?
The best light paint colors for a living room are pastel colors, as the soft aesthetic will make your living room look larger and cozier. Common pastel paint colors include pastel pink, yellow, green, blue, and purple. To get a consistent look, you can also paint your cabinets in a similar color hue of the same color palette.
Does living room furniture have to match?
For designers with less experience, having a consistent living room furniture style, or at least a consistent color scheme is easier to manage. However, more experienced designers can also go for an artsy & eclectic living room design style that deliberately takes advantage of furniture and decoration pieces of colliding styles and colors. The designer needs a strong design taste to harmonize all the heterogeneous elements and manage to bridge design styles and sensibilities across multiple decades for the empowering, energetic, unique, and impressive result.
How can I make my living room look cute without money?
A lot of the living room transformation was done without money. Here are several ideas to copy
- Paint your furniture colorful, pink or pastel. This will also help to make your small living room looks bigger.
- Draw cute kawaii patterns or details to the trims and doors.
- DIY cute decorations then display them.
- Put old bright color fabric swatches to use for couch cover, cushion, rug, curtain, table cloth.
- Display your cute colorful cartoon cover, magazine prints, art pieces and collections.
- Hang your cute tapestry, poster, T shirt on the wall as visual focus
- Shop flea markets, consignment stores, yard sales & Craigslist.
- Get kawaii goodies from friends through exchanging of stuffs you do not want any more.
Where to get cute kawaii living room decor?
You can find a lot of cute kawaii living room decor websites claiming themselves to be based in the UK or Australia, the fact is most items can be purchased at a cheaper price on Amazon or eBay. If you want to buy cute colorful room decor at the lowest price or for sale then you can even explore Aliexpress, Shein, or Wish.
Another good idea that will support small businesses is to shop from your local living room decoration shop and stores. Or travel to Japan to buy the latest Japanese room decor from the famous Harajuku area of Tokyo.
If you are into handmade crafting and indie ideas, then you can spend some hours in our DIY session or shop from Etsy to get inspiration on how to make kawaii living room decor.
How to make a small cute living room look bigger?
A small living room needs to incorporate functional furniture that can double as storage for space-saving. The key to managing a small space is decluttering. You can also open up the room by using natural light and more light colors that make the room feel bigger.
Here are some popular tricks to make any tiny living room appear to be more spacious.
- Place mirrors and shiny reflective objects (such as a crystal chandeliar or stainless steel candle holder) strategically to give the illusion of space. For example you can position a crystal chandeliar across from a window to reflect light into the space. Then use a series of small reflective items instead of one large mirror to bring the light furthur to every corner of the living room.
- Use of soft and light aesthetic can refresh any room.
- Hang curtains closer to the ceiling can help to create the illusion of taller and large windows.
- Placing indoor plants at the perimeter of the living room can make the space look bigger.
- Anchor the living room with several visual focus, so the room look more organised and themed.
- Allow more open space and let in plenty of natural light.
- Simplify the room by maximizing your furniture layout.
- Declutter and hide the mess.
- Keep consistent aesthetic and choice of style. (==> Learn all different types of aesthetic rooms to see which one is for you!)
- Opt for smooth walls, floating shelves, clean lines, simple geometric decoration patterns with little linear details.
- Have plenty of storage space.
- Leave some empty wall area for visual break.
- Create ambiance with lighting that will give depth and organise visual focus.
Upgrading your current boring living room can be very affordable, instead of buying a new sofa you can go with a kawaii sofa cover. Then throw in several cute throw pillows, change the wall decor, paint the existing furniture into a new pastel color theme.
A living room full of cuteness can be done on a weekend, so what are you waiting for?