50 Journal Prompts to Get You Through Quarantine
The world is a weird place right now. While my introverted self loves being inside and spending my days in my backyard, I know it isn’t as easy for everyone else. Being quarantined can easily trigger anxiety and depression.
I’ve been writing since I was young – hence the blog. I’ve always found it extremely cathartic, especially when times are tough. Aka right now. Journaling is one of the best ways to explore your emotions and talk about things that you may not feel comfortable talking about with friends and family.
While being stuck in the house is less than ideal, this is one of the best times to truly work on yourself and focus on your goals. Think about it. How often do you have all the time in the world, with very little responsibilities? Almost never.
Grab a journal and a pen and do a little soul searching with these journal prompt ideas You never know what could come from it. Could be your next big idea or just a way to feel a little calmer.
- What brings you joy?
- What does your dream life look like?
- What is one thing that you’d like to be different by this time next year?
- List five traits that you love about yourself
- How are you currently sabotaging your goals?
- What are you grateful for today?
- What are your top five goals that you want to accomplish by the end of the year?
- What are you interested in learning more about?
- List five habits that you want to include in your daily routine
- What makes you happy?
- What is bothering you right now?
- What is my biggest regret in life?
- What are some challenges that you are currently facing and how can you overcome them?
- What makes you anxious or stressed?
- Name three people that you are blessed to have and cannot go a day without
- What are five things that you are really good at?
- What do I need to do more of this year?
- Are you happy with your current life? If not, what can you do to change that?
- What are five things you won’t take for granted after self-isolation?
- What are your five biggest fears?
- What are you putting off right now?
- What did you learn today?
- How can you do better tomorrow?
- Who or what gives you comfort?
- What do you feel like your life is missing and how can you get more of what you need?
- How can you love yourself more daily?
- What is the best compliment you’ve ever been given? How did it make you feel?
- Write a thank-you note to yourself
- If failure was impossible, what would you try that you have never done before?
- What is one thing that you need to start saying yes to and why?
- If there was a solution to your anxiety, how would it look?
- When was the last time you did something for the first time? What was it? How did it make you feel?
- What would you tell your past self?
- What are you in control of at this very moment?
- What is the easiest part of quarantine?
- What is the worst part of quarantine?
- How do you refresh?
- What is one goal that you can accomplish in the week ahead?
- Describe your ideal day
- Who is inspiring you right now? Why?
- Who can you encourage today? How?
- Make a list of everything that is making you feel anxious – throw it away or burn it when finished!
- What habits would you like to change/
- What scares you?
- What did you learn this week?
- What can you declutter physically or emotionally to find more ease and simplicity?
- What does self-care look like for you?
- When did you last feel truly alive?
- How would you like people to describe you?
- What did you to make yourself proud this week?