Many people love nature, trees, gardens, and plants; but only a few can imagine a cute green room in their home.
If you do not have a particularly strong feeling about how your green room should look, consider a contemporary, streamlined style. An upscale, modern cute interior is unassuming enough to appeal to the majority while still feeling chic, elegant, and welcoming.
It is up to you to design a healthy environment for you to gain concentration in your home office, recover better in your bedroom, feel welcomed in the living room, have a better appetite while cooking in the colorful kitchen — and we know the green room aesthetics can help you achieve all these.
I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite decorating ideas on how to design a green room in harmony. Let’s get started!
Paint only the lower half of the walls to make the ceiling look higher.
What’s wonderful about green is that there are truly so many shades to choose from—olive, emerald, sage, mint, you name it—so you can easily find a hue that matches your preferred aesthetic. The open kitchen used light green with metallic and earth tones in this living room and they all blend together fabulously.
Wake up like a princess with a fairy aesthetic green bedroom.
If you’re looking to give your bedroom a bit of a refresh, why not opt for a makeover involving the color green? There are so many ways to incorporate the hue into your space—in the form of paint, wallpaper, bedding, curtains, plants, glasses, candle holders, furniture, ceiling crown, room trim (or all of them!).
Use shades of green of different textures to inject fun and excitement.
What makes this kitchen look unique? The glossy green ceiling, the dark green wall brick tiles, the matte green walls, the cabinets featuring various shades of green. Paired with stunning gold details and a rustic wooden tabletop, the setup couldn’t be more glam.
Hang low-maintenance fake plants on the ceiling to give the pop of green with minimal effort.
Don’t forget to add some plant life to your green bedroom! If you love green color but are lazy and travel a lot, then why not decorate with fake plants? The ceiling ivy adds instant charm and character to the sleep space.
Install green for a truly unique floor aesthetic.
This cute kitchen paired a deep green countertop with adorable floor tiles for a modern, laid-back vibe. The indoor plants add personality without overwhelming the space. Colorful patterned wallpaper adds an equally stylish touch to complete the aesthetic.
Pay attention to details and match your cabinet knobs with your room color theme.
Changing the details of your furniture can make a major impact, and we’ve noticed this trend continuing to make waves in rooms of all kinds. But if you’re not feeling done after just tackling this area, why not choose a complementary color for the rugs and overall decor style?
Use an earth tone green bedroom to help you get healed while sleeping.
This simple pastel green bedroom achieved extra elegance with the display of a gorgeous vase of eucalyptus branches on the nightstand in this bedroom and opted for plant-themed textiles. Eucalyptus is always an excellent choice for the bedroom, as its soothing properties will help your mind switch off at the end of a long day—plus, the stems will continue to smell wonderful even as they dry.
Display your collection of odd items in green tones.
This green space is an excellent example of what a little consistency in color scheme can help to make your display wall look cute and attractive. Painting the old objects is also an easy enough DIY project for a fun weekend.
Match your cute green room with patterns of flowers, leaves and nature.
This tiny colorful kitchen is really cute and proves that pinks and greens pair beautifully together—on the tables and on the walls.
Install dark green wallpaper to express a bold statement and vintage vibe.
Green is a favorite of both children and adults—you don’t have to worry about it appearing too “young” or too “grown-up” in any space that you’re designing; it shines in the living room, primary bedrooms and nurseries alike.
Paint your furniture green to make your room unique.
Whether you crave a soothing sanctuary or a space that’s romantic and bold, you can achieve the look with green, even in the kitchen. Green is also a favorite among traditionalists and modernists alike, so no matter if you gravitate toward grand millennial-style rooms or prefer that your space looks ultra-contemporary, you can’t go wrong.
Add a green LED light string to get the viral Tiktok aesthetic.
If you are having trouble setting your color scheme, look to a piece of your favorite fabric or accessory to set the tone. Get that Tik Tok soft aesthetic by adding fairy light string to your plant corner, the perfect vibe for cute teen rooms.
Use pink with green to theme the bedroom for a teenager if you are looking for a two-color combination.
Before committing to a color, it’s important to get a sense of the many ways in which you can incorporate it into your interior and understand the other hues with which it pairs best. But don’t worry, we’ve done the research for you! Even pink shades can work magic with your green taste.
Get orange collage to your green wall to inject some bright energy.
There’s just something so stunning about a green and orange combo. This lampshade and cozy blanket add a warm look to the simple yet elegant space. Who wouldn’t wake up feeling peppy when surrounded by such a happy hue?
Use indoor plants to decorate your living room with natural green.
Don’t hesitate to mix various indoor plants that appeal to you even if they may not seem like obvious counterparts. Macrame hanging chair is extremely versatile and is incredibly popular at the moment, making any living room bearing the soft hue easy to be enjoyed.
Read THIS to learn 21+ more ways to get your living room colorful and aesthetic.
Try Minecraft bedroom for kids who love the green color.
It’s nice to curl up in a space full of your favorite anime characters that will help your mind be creative and excited day and night.
Try the Xbox theme if you like a green gaming bedroom.
How to give cuteness to a tiny gaming bedroom? Click HERE to learn more.
What Does A Green Room Mean?
Green is the color of life and nature. It is associated with renewal, health, growth, prosperity, and hope for a better future. It is a great color for kid and teenager bedrooms, kitchens, bathrooms, and elderly homes.
What Is The Best Green Color For Home Design?
Choosing the right green color is the most important thing while designing your room. It is a decision to be made based on the size, lighting condition, ceiling height, and function of your room. The top 8 most popular green colors for interior design include:
- Dark green
- Emerald green
- Sage green
- Light green
- Mint green
- Lime green
- Olive green
- Neon green
What Are The Most Popular Two Color Combinations For Green Rooms?
|Rose gold + Mint green||It is a feminine, warm, and glam color combo. The combination will remind you about spring. Since both colors are so popular, it will be easy to find plenty of amazing decorations in various rose gold and mint hues.|
|Pink + Pastel green||The pink aesthetic looks dreamy, cute, and soft. The pink + pastel green color combination is providing enough visual stimulation but still looks relaxing and comforting. It is a kawaii 2 color combination for teenage bedrooms, nursery, living room, and home office.|
|Orange + green||Orange and green colors, when mixed together, will neutralize each other, which means they will create brown colors. However, the 2 colors look very contrasting if you do not mix them. Burnt orange and olive green is a popular combination and looks amazing for craft rooms and kitchens.|
|Purple + Dark green||Green and purple are fabulous colors for your bedroom and living walls. The aesthetic embraces elegance, creativity, individuality, mystery, and a unique spirit.|
How Do You Decide Your Green Room Color Scheme?
You should either start by collecting ideas you like or eliminating all the ideas you hate.
- Read this blog again.
- Browse magazines.
- Browse Pinterest, Instagram, Google and TikTok
- Take an online personalities quiz.
- Look at your wardrobe to see which shade of green is your top preference.
- Take an inventory of your current decor.
- Pay attention to the exterior of homes.
Make a collage of all the inspo to visualize the space. Then keep making adjustments from there.
Where To Add Green Color To The Room?
You do not need to always paint the walls green. Other areas you can consider include green ceiling, furniture, doors, window frames, furniture, couch, carpet, desk, seating, decor, plants, wall art, etc.
What Is The Best Green Room Theme?
The best green room theme depends on which room are we designing and the condition of that room. Also, you need to know what vibe you want to achieve in that green room. Here is an overview of the most popular green room themes.
|Modern||Modern green rooms include the mix & match use of natural materials, neutral or earthy colors, and the elimination of unnecessary detailing in interior staging.|
|Empty||The Green empty decoration style is predominantly decorated with a pale earthy palette. Kim Kardashian is the famous owner of an ’empty’ luxury home. Interior designer actually spends a lot of time, money, design talent, and effort to hide all the mess to make the house ’empty’ and truly minimal.|
|Cute||A cute green room is all about creating a space that gives us good feelings of relaxation, happiness, and lightness. Cute decor includes anything pastel color, soft, and comforting. Throw in your favorite green plushies, blankets, and pillows to achieve the vibe. It is a perfect style for making the bedroom and nursery cute.|
|Simple & minimalist||Minimal doesn’t mean boring. A simple minimalist green room usually has an open floor plan, lots of light, and minimalist furnishings. The ultimate design goal is to create a neat timeless aesthetic.|
|Rustic||Weathered, raw wood is one of the most common materials used to create a rustic-style farmhouse and cute cottagecore house. The style while used with a pastel green color represents a cozy, refreshing, natural, rough, aged, and casual design preference. Popular variations include Tuscan, coastal, cottage, and modern rustic.|
|Neutral||The neutral green room style is predominantly decorated with a pale earthy unisex palette. Common color tones include shades of gray, tan, white, and green.|
|Boho||Bohemian style or Boho decor is for green rooms that want to be full of life, culture, chic, and interesting items for all the world to see. This aesthetic embraces creative, carefree, and unconventional decor for the interior.|
How Can You Make Your Small Green Home Looks Big?
Here are my top tricks to make any small green room appears to be more spacious.
- Place indoor plants at different levels.
- Place mirrors and shiny reflective objects strategically to give the illusion of space. For example, you can position a mirror across from a window to reflect light into the space. Then use a series of small reflective items instead of one large mirror to bring to light further to every corner of the room.
- The use of soft and light colors can refresh any room.
- Hang curtains closer to the ceiling can help to create the illusion of taller and large windows.
- Anchor the green room with several visual foci, so the room looks more organized and themed.
- Allow more open space and let in plenty of natural light.
- Simplify the room by maximizing your furniture layout.
- Declutter and hide the mess.
- Keep consistent aesthetic and choice of style.
- Opt for smooth walls, floating shelves, clean lines, and simple geometric decoration patterns with little linear details.
How Do You Do A Cheap Green Room Makeover?
A lot of the green room improvement projects can be really cheap and done DIY style.
- Paint those old furniture green.
- Collect plants, branches, leaves, and flowers from your cute garden or the nearby nature.
- DIY green decor then displays them.
- Put old green fabric swatches to use for couch cover, rug, curtain, table cloth…
- Pull the layer of green linens to be on top.
- Display your green cartoon, magazine prints, art pieces and collections.
- Mask your monitor, desk, and electronics with green tapes.
- Hang your old green tapestry, poster, T-shirt on the wall as a visual focus
- Shop flea markets, consignment stores, yard sales & Craigslist.
- Get green goodies from friends by exchanging things you do not want anymore.
How Do You Make A Green Room Kawaii & Cute?
- Fill the room with kawaii soft plushies
- Add pastel green blankets and soft aesthetic pillows
- Change to an anime bedding
- Add Tiktok green neon lighting & signs
- Setup a kawaii anime wall
- Wear headphones with cat ears
- Decorate your gaming desk
- Change to a green aesthetic gamer chair
- Show off your manga & figurines
- Let indoor plants highlight the ceiling and shelves
Where Do You Start To Decorate Your Green Room?
- Start with ceiling paint, as the paint may drip to the wall or floor.
- Then do the wall painting. Remember to have a plan for your windows, doors and skirting board in advance.
- Now rearrange the locations of the bulky furniture such as sofa, bed, desk, etc.
- Bring in the lighting fixtures, electronics, curtains and fabrics.
- After the layout of the room is confirmed, you can start to decorate the furniture and show off your displays.
- Fine-tune the angle of the lighting, position of the rug and throw pillows to get everything perfect.
- Some indoor plants will always help to improve ‘greatness’ to ‘perfection’.
How Do You Decorate A Green Wall?
- Dsiplay your favourite posters, map or art pieces.
- Display photos of the family
- Showcase a fabric, lace or quilt.
- Hang up mirrors.
- Paint a mural of the sky or the ocean.
- Install shelving.
- Hang plates.
- Hang some plants or dry flowers.
- Highlight it with spotlights, light panels or neon signs
How To Create A Green Bedroom?
- Dress your walls in your favourite green paint, decor, posters or tapestry.
- Change to green wallpaper and accent wall
- Choose a green headboard.
- Feature green neon lighting and signs.
- Add stylish green seating.
- Compliment your existing room with green decoration and furniture.
- Paint your bed frame and cabinet doors green.
- Pile on the green pillows of different shades.
- Throw on a green plush blanket.
- Add a large green rug as visual focus.
- Fill the adorable bedroom with indoor plants.
- Change to green bedding and linen.
- Change the old curtain to green fabric.
- Add a green lightshade.
- Cover your existing furniture with a green table cloth.
- Paint the ceiling green.
- Fill the room with books of green covers.
- Draw green patterns to the window frame and skirting board
What Green Plants Are Good For Indoor?
One of the best ways to help a room feel grounded and soothing is to add greenery to any existing space. It’s hard not to love walking into a room of fresh, vibrant plant life every day. The following plants are a beautiful addition to your home, they are cute and evergreen.
- Snake Plant.
- Rubber Plant.
- Spider Plant.
- Dracaena Marginata.
- Aloe Vera.
- ZZ Plant.
- English Ivy.
- Majesty Palm.
Sometimes a soft, cute look is exactly what you need. By paring down the decor in your green room, you can create a lovely, cozy, refreshing space — and avoid any clashes between different tastes and design styles.