TikTok is a social media app where creators can share entertaining content and videos of themselves with the online community. With more than 1 billion active users, TikTok is the world’s new most popular online destination – Yes, TikTok surpassed Google and becomes the most viewed site since February 2023. It is not a surprise that people are also relying on TikTok room tours to find house remodeling or room decoration ideas.
What is TikTok room?
TikTok is an app that lets users create and share short videos with others on the app. While the app is popular for its videos of people singing and dancing, it can also be used to find ideas to create fun and unique room decor. Because of the popularity of Tiktok, “TikTok room” becomes a term used to describe interior spaces with trending aesthetics as seen on TikTok. Teenage boys, girls and young adults are influenced by what is trending on TikTok to painting their wall, and decorate their dorm room, bedroom, dining room, game room, dog room, living room, bathroom and even laundry room. (==> Learn more about how to design your cute aesthetic room by reading this guide.)
Things TikTok made me buy list for your room
There are a few gadgets you will need in order to decorate your TikTok room. You will need some posters, collages or pictures to hang on the walls, some furniture to sit on or sleep in, and some accessories to complete the look. You can find posters and pictures of your favorite TikTok stars, or of scenes from your favorite TikTok videos. You can also find furniture and accessories in the colors and styles that you like. Just be sure to make your room look like your own personal space instead of a being soulless copycat!
Here are some trending cool things and amazon finds on TikTok. With this TikTok room decor list, you can also find some creative birthday and holiday gifts for your friends or coworkers.
Butterfly wall stickers
Galaxy room projector
LED strip lights that can change colors
Faux fur area rug
Kawaii gaming accessories & desk setup
Cute or Cool gaming chair
Read this kawaii gamer chair guide to see the most popular options on Amazon!
Plushies and cozy patterned bedding
Fuzzy or soft throw pillows
Instant Polaroid camera
Neon signs of funny quotes or symbols
Real or fake vines or ivy
Wire wall grid
Poster or postcard wall
Glass cabinets for protecting valuable collections
TikTok shower head (spraying perfume in shower water)
Teeth shaving gadget
TikTok Amazon shower shelves
TikTok bathroom stall
TikTok bath products
What are some fun TikTok room ideas?
TikTok rooms are no more only about neon colors, vines and LED fairy strip lights. Other trending room aesthetics include
- Alt TikTok aesthetic
- Indie kid TikTok aesthetic
- Anime TikTok aesthetic
- Coquette TikTok aesthetic
- Fairycore TikTok aesthetic
- Galaxy TikTok aesthetic
- Gamer girl TikTok aesthetic
- Purple TikTok aesthetic
- Kawaii TikTok aesthetic
- Pastel Goth TikTok aesthetic
==> Click here to see a full list of room aesthetics that gained popularity only through social media sites like TikTok, Tumblr, Instagram and Pinterest.
Where to shop TikTok room decor?
You can find a lot of TikTok room decor websites. In fact, most items can be purchased at a cheaper price on Amazon or eBay. If you want to buy TikTok room furniture and home decorations at the lowest sale price then you can even explore sources like Shein, AliExpress or Wish. Another good idea to support small businesses is to shop from your local stores.
If you are into handmade crafting, indie products, personalization and the concept of zero waste, you can spend some hours in our DIY session or visit Etsy to get inspiration for the TikTok room on a budget.
Delivery time is usually the fastest when ordering from Amazon or local stores. However, you should also care about whether the product or material is done by Uyghurs from the concentration camps (You can check HERE, click “Call to action” then select the category to see brands to avoid), child labor, or anyone working under unfair terms.
How can I make my TikTok room look pretty without money?
A lot of the TikTok room makeover ideas were done without much money. Here are several ways to copy
- Paint your furniture over the weekend.
- Draw patterns or details to the trims and doors.
- DIY decorations then display them.
- Put old bright color fabric swatches to use for a couch cover, cushion, rug, curtain, or tablecloth.
- Display your cartoon cover, magazine prints, art pieces and collections for feature TikTok wall.
- Hang your tapestry, anime images, T-shirt on the wall as a visual focus.
- Shop flea markets, consignment stores, yard sales and Craigslist.
- Get goodies from friends by exchanging of stuffs you do not want anymore.
How to make a TikTok room look bigger?
Small TikTok rooms need to incorporate functional furniture that can double as storage. The key to managing a small interior space is decluttering. You can also open the room by using mirrors and making more light colors that make the room feel bigger. Or set the room to be very dark, so all clutter fades out in the darkness when the light is off.
Here are some popular tricks to make any small TikTok room appear to be more spacious:
- Consider bunk bed to get more floor area
- Using soft and light colors can refresh any room
- Hang curtains closer to the ceiling that helps to create the illusion of taller and larger windows.
- Anchor the bedroom with several visual focal points so the room look more organised and themed.
- Allow for more open space and let in plenty of natural light.
- Simplify the room by maximizing your furniture layout.
- Declutter and hide the mess.
- Keep a consistent aesthetic and choice of style.
- Opt for smooth walls, floating shelves, clean lines and simple geometric decoration patterns with little linear details.
- Make plenty of storage under the bed.
- Create ambiance with lighting to give depth and a visual focus.
- Place mirrors and shiny reflective objects strategically to give the illusion of space. For example, you can position a mirror across from a window to reflect light into the space. Then use a series of small reflective items instead of one large mirror to bring light to every corner of the room.
How can you decorate your bed in your TikTok inspired bedroom?
Follow these essential steps for TikTok vibe bed transformation
- Choose soft and calming colors for bedding (or those with your favorite anime characters).
- Design the ceiling so to see decor when you lay in bed.
- Add a canopy for creating a calm private zone that is the best for sleeping.
- Choose the right size mattress.
- Indulge in layers of linens of different textures.
- Have layers of plush pillows and blankets to add depth.
- Let vines and ivy climb on your bed frame.
- Throw an area rug at the side of the bed.
- Get consistent color theme and decorating style for the bed and the room.
- Adjust your settings to shut out tech when it is time to rest.
What should you put on the TikTok room walls?
There is no one answer to this question, as the walls of your TikTok room will be personal to you. However, some ideas for things to put on your walls might include photos of your friends and family, quotes that inspire you, or images that make you happy. Whatever makes you feel comfortable and happy in your space is what you should put on your walls!
Decorating a TikTok room offers a rare ability to blend all aspects of life. The expression of a unique personality is very important. The focus should be given to transforming the walls near your streaming camera so that your viewers and fans can see them, and the wall in front of you most of the time for your best enjoyment. Here are some inspo to help you kickstart:
- Plenty of shelving
- Bold geometric prints
- Oversized wall décor
- Poster wall
- Postcard wall
- Photo wall
- Figurines & action figures
- Neon signs
- LED lighting
- Prints of life motto
- Wire wall grid
- Memo board with clips
- Magnetic board
How should a TikTok bedroom be organized?
A TikTok bedroom should be organized to provide a comfortable and relaxing environment. The bed should be placed against a wall and preferably near a window to allow for natural light. Nightstands should be placed on either side of the bed and should be stocked with reading materials, a lamp, and necessary medications. A dresser or chest of drawers should be used to store clothing and other belongings. A closet should be utilized to hang clothing and store shoes and other accessories. Follow these steps to keep your TikTok bedroom organized:
- Ask yourself about each item, what to keep and what to toss.
- Donate any good items you do not need in the next three months.
- Stack storage containers.
- Dust your room regularly.
- Clean often.
- Install shelves along the perimeter of your bedroom walls.
- Clip binder clips onto your desk and store cords in them.
- Hang a clothes rack in the corner.
- Opt for a headboard with storage.
- Hang your laundry hamper on the back of your bedroom door.
- Use your radiator for shelf space.
- Optimise under-bed space.
- Go vertical and put shelves, collections and artworks on walls.
- Organize the room in sections, and target one section a day.
- Declutter closets.
- Create a functional, clutter-free area for reading/study/work/online learning area.
- Organizing with shopping bags.
How to have a nice smelling TikTok bedroom?
There are a few things you can do to make your TikTok bedroom smell nice. You can put a pot of fresh flowers on your dresser, or spray a nice-smelling perfume or cologne in the air. You can also put a few drops of lavender oil on your pillowcase to help you relax and fall asleep. Whatever you do, make sure you keep your bedroom clean and organized, so it doesn’t smell like dirty laundry or old food.
You should follow the routine below regularly to keep your TikTok room fresh smelling.
- Identify the odor.
- Clean thoroughly.
- Open your windows.
- Bathe your pets.
- Wash your sheets and laundry.
- Clean all upholstery.
- Turn on a dehumidifier.
- Spray room refreshers.
- Use room deodorizers
- Grow beautiful indoor plants such as jasmine or lavender for natural fragrance.
How to DIY LED light colors for TikTok rooms?
There are many ways to DIY LED light colors for a room. One way is to use a light diffuser. This is a material that is placed in front of the light, and it helps to spread the light out. This can be used to create a more soft and even light. Another way to create different colors is by using gels. These are filters that are placed in front of the light, and they can be used to create different colors. The third way is to use colored bulbs to create different colors. Finally, you can purchase LED lights with color-changing features.