Are you fantasizing about how to decorate your cute dorm room?
Here is my personal college packing checklist with the things I was taking to school with me. I think it’s totally fine to customize your checklist, but when you are just starting out it’s easy to get sucked in with all these really big college checklists & essentials.
- Comforter Set — Mine is from Walmart-it comes with a comforter, a fitted sheet, a loose sheet, and two pillowcases, along with one throw pillow.
- Pillows — My pillows are from the Dollar Store because that’s all I could afford at the time. But I actually really like them.
- Full-length Mirror — Floor standing mirror or wall mirror both works, to save space you can also hang it behind your door.
- Trash Can — My trash can came from Walmart. It’s just a small, blue trash can.
- Storage Bins — These came from Walmart and the Dollar Store. Your stuff doesn’t have to be expensive as long as it gets the job done. The more storage you have, the better off you will be.
- Under-the-bed Storage — This purchase isn’t completely necessary. I bought one because it made sense to me. But if you don’t think you will use it (because it is kind of bulky and hard to manage), stick with something you know you will use, like stacked drawers or something. Another Walmart purchase.
- Desk Lamp — I have one, but I don’t use it. But I know a lot of people do so I thought I would include it. It came from Walmart as well.
- Clothes Hangers — I just grabbed the ones in my closet. No need buying what you already have. The clothes I took were on the hangers already anyway.
- Laundry Basket/Bag — I personally use a basket. But a bag makes more sense if you have to go a great distance to do your laundry. I also have a bag though. Both were gifts so I don’t know where they came from, but you can buy them at any store.
- Shampoo/Conditioner-I switch it up. Right now I am using the Aussie moist duo.
- Toothbrush and paste-Stick to what you know and love.
- Towels—Mine came from Walmart, but you can buy great towels anywhere.
- Shower Caddy-I got mine at Target.
- Soap-I use Bath and Body Works. I am currently using Pink Chiffon. Unfortunately they just retired it so you can only get it online.
- Razors and Shaving Cream-Again, stick to what you know and love
- Hair brush/Comb
- Face Wash
- Laundry Detergent
- Dryer Sheets
- Flip Flops (for shower)
- Nail Clippers
- Cotton Swabs
- Cold and Flu Medicine (Because you will get sick.)
- Band Aids
- Underwear (10+ pairs)
- Socks (8-10 pairs)
- Pants/Jeans (3-4 pairs of each)
- Shirts/Blouses (15+)
- Sweats (2-3 sets)
- Pajamas (2-3)
- Shoes (at least one pair for every type of outfit. i.e. casual, professional, dressy, etc.)
- Sweaters (2-3) ==> Here is a fall college checklist for more ideas.
- Jacket (1-2)
- Professional Clothing (at least one pair, but 2-3 is recommended)
- Power Strips
- Flash drive
- Index Cards
- Desk organizers
- TV/DVD Player
- Coffee Maker
- Mini Fridge
- Can Opener
- Paper Towels
- Trash bags
- Disinfectant wipes
- Ziploc blogs
- Food Containers
- Dish soap
- Items that are important to you such as a family photo (You can use them as room decor)
So that is everything on my college packing list. Now you should be ready for your cute aesthetic dorm room.
If you find this post useful then please consider sharing it with your other college friends. And I will see you next time!