Blue aesthetic rooms remind you of a relaxing holiday on the beach, it means both the sky and the sea and is associated with an open mind, freedom, intuition, imagination, inspiration, and sensitivity.
Blue is the third most popular color for kawaii home design (After pink and purple). It is cool for the bedroom, living room staging, home office, and bathroom. The following 6 color combinations will work magic for small rooms.
✅ Best Reversible Full/Queen Bed Comforter Set
Very nice comforter – The delivery was as advertised and the product is comfier than expected, light and colorful.
✅ Best Faux Fur Plush Galaxy Blue Comforter Set
Thickness and quality – The quality of this set is great! It’s warm and comfortable. It’s so soft and the colors are perfect. The thickness is exactly what we wanted in a shaggy comforter without having it be a duvet ( like every other shaggy comforter out there).
✅ Best Plush Faux Fur Throw Pillow
Amazing quality for the price! – The quality is great and the price is lower than other pillow covers with the same material. The color is exactly as in the picture!
✅ Best Dragon Plush Doll Toy Pillow
Perfect for what it is, wonderful gift! – Cute and comfortable but came with a hole in the sea. As a neck pillow, it is quite functional. It is, however, great as a simple plush decoration. It is very cute, quite unique in design, and sits well on surfaces with ledges.
✅ Best Seashell Bathroom Mat
Attractive accent to the bathroom – Purchased the bath mat in front of the sink. It is perfect. The perfect size and the mat look just like the picture. It is plusher and softer than expected to be. Feels great on bare feet! It exceeded Your expectations!
Blue + Purple
Purple is a mystery color. A room will be filled with magical energy while blue is used with purple. This color scheme is pretty and unusual for a kawaii gaming room. The aesthetic is truly one of a kind while used in bedrooms.
Blue + White
This color combo will make rooms look bigger and brighter. It reminds you about the sky, the warm sunny vacations, the beach, and everything oceanic. This is the best color scheme for aesthetic bathrooms, small homes, white bedrooms, and tiny apartments.
Blue + Gray
This color combo will make the rooms look calm, neutral, subtle, and saturated.
Blue and gray is the color combination that is most accepted by people of all genders and age groups, hence the best choice for living rooms, workspaces, and adult bedrooms/bathrooms.
Blue + Brown
The use of wood and copper items with blue color is quite common for home designs esp for a rustic style. The style represents a natural, rough, aged, and casual design preference. Popular variations include Tuscan, coastal, cottage, and modern rustic.
Blue + Black
This dark color combination is often associated with Kawaii Goth style, it is creepy cute, and definitely not mainstream.
Blue + Pastel Pink
This color combo will make rooms look cute, soft, relaxing, and comforting. This combination is the best for kawaii bedrooms and home offices.
What Are The Most Popular Blue Colors For Home Interior design?
- Light sky blue
- Navy blue
- Royal blue
- Pastel blue
How To Create A Blue Bedroom?
A teen gaming bedroom will need to be designed very differently from a blue bedroom for retired couples. It is important to first define the style you want to go for.
- Dress your walls in blue paint, decor, posters or tapestry.
- Change to blue wallpaper and accent wall
- Choose a blue headboard.
- Feature blue neon lighting and signs.
- Add stylish blue seating.
- Compliment your existing room with blue decoration and furniture.
- Paint your bed frame and cabinet doors blue.
- Pile on the blue pillows.
- Throw on a blue plush blanket.
- Add a blue rug as visual focus.
- Fill the bedroom with blue flowers.
- Change to blue pastel soft aesthetic bedding and linen.
- Change the old curtain to blue fabric.
- Add a blue lightshade.
- Cover your existing furniture with a blue cloth.
- Paint a blue sky on the ceiling
- Draw blue details to the window frame and skirting board
What Is The Most Popular Anime Theme For Blue Kawaii Rooms?
Little Twin Stars is one of the most popular blue anime room styles in the world. The aesthetic is great for the learning room of teenagers and kids.
How Do You Make A Blue Room Kawaii & Cute?
- Change to an anime bedding
- Add Tiktok inspired neon lighting & signs
- Setup a kawaii anime wall
- Wear headphone with cat ears
- Decorate your desk, work space and cabinet doors
- Change to a cute kawaii gaming chair
- Show off your manga & figurines
- Fill the room with kawaii soft plushies
- Let indoor plants highlight the ceiling and shelves
How Can You Make Your Small Blue Room Looks Big?
Here are 9 tricks to make any small space appear to be more spacious & cute.
- Place mirrors and shiny reflective objects strategically to give the illusion of space. For example you can position a mirror across from a window to reflect light into the space. Then use a series of small reflective items instead of one large mirror to bring to light furthur to every corner of the room.
- Use of soft and light colors can refresh any room.
- Hang curtains closer to the ceiling can help to create the illusion of taller and large windows.
- Anchor the blue room with several visual focus, so the room look more organised and themed.
- Allow more open space and let in plenty of natural light.
- Simplify the room by maximizing your furniture layout.
- Declutter and hide the mess.
- Keep consistent aesthetic and choice of style.
- Opt for smooth walls, floating shelves, clean lines, simple geometric decoration patterns with little linear details.
How Do You Do An Affordable Blue Room Makeover?
A lot of the blue home improvement projects can be really cheap and done in DIY style.
- Paint those old furniture blue.
- DIY blue decor then display them.
- Put old blue fabric swatches to use for sofa cover, rug, curtain, table cloth…
- Pull the layer of blue linens to be on top.
- Display your blue cartoon, magazine, art pieces and collections.
- Mask your monitor, workspace, electronic with blue tapes.
- Hang your old blue tapestry, poster, T shirt on the wall as visual focus
- Shop flea markets, consignment stores, yard sales & Craigslist.
- Get blue goodies from friends through exchanging of stuffs you do not want any more.
How Do You Decide Your Blue Room Color Scheme?
You should either start by collecting ideas you like or eliminating all the ideas you hate.
- Read this blog again.
- Browse magazines.
- Browse Pinterest.
- Take an online personalities quiz.
- Look to your wardrobe to see which shade of blue is your top preference.
- Take an inventory of your current decor.
- Pay attention to the exterior of homes to get a match. If you need more ideas then read this guide.
Make a collage of all the inspo to visualize the space. Then keep making adjustments from there.
Where Do You Start To Decorate Your Blue Room?
- Start with ceiling paint, as the paint may drip to the wall or floor.
- Then do the wall painting. Remember to have a plan for your windows, doors and skirting board in advance.
- Now rearrange the locations of the bulky furniture such as sofa, bed, desk etc.
- Bring in the lighting fixtures, electronics, curtains and fabrics.
- After the layout of the room is confirmed, you can start to decorate the furniture and show off your displays.
- Fine tune the angle of the lighting, position of the rug and throw pillows to get everything perfect.
How Do You Decorate A Blue Wall?
- Dsiplay your favourite posters, map or art pieces.
- Display photos of the family
- Showcase a fabric, lace or quilt.
- Hang up mirrors.
- Paint a mural of the sky or the ocean.
- Install shelving.
- Hang plates.
- Hang some plants.
- Highlight it with spotlights, light panels or neon signs
As a cute decorating enthusiast, one of the most common questions I’m asked by friends in nesting mode is “what is the best style for my kawaii home?”. Find your answer HERE as I talked about almost every possibility one can think of. You should also read this FULL room aesthetic types list to know what is trending now.